Get By With a Little Help: Online Memorial and Grief Support Resources
At Hurley Funeral Home, we have years of professional experience helping families and individuals in the Virgin Islands deal with the loss of friends and loved ones. Whether this comes in the form of our personalized funeral and memorial services or the emotional support provided to you and yours in your time of need, we understand that sometimes everyone could use a little guidance.
The following resources, available for free right here on our website, are intended to be just that—a supplement to the personal attention you’ll receive from our staff. Please take advantage of these pages, and be sure to call us if you have questions at any time:
- What is Cremation? – This quick guide, assembled by our professional staff, answers the most common questions and concerns surrounding the topic of cremation. If you’ve ever wondered about cremation as a memorial option or wanted to learn more about why some individuals and families would choose cremation over a traditional burial, this is a great resource for you.
- Grief Support Library – Our library of personal stories and articles by leaders in the fields of psychology and grief counseling may be helpful to anyone coping with the loss of a loved one.
- First Year of Grief – This free online tool will give you access to Beyond Indigo’s online grief support network. Consisting of over 65,000 individuals working through different stages of the process themselves, you’ll have the opportunity to connect and share with others who understand exactly what you’re going through. No one should go it alone. Registration is completely free.
- For Caregivers – Having to care for a loved one at the end of life is one of the most difficult responsibilities anyone can bear. This page contains stories and plenty of helpful information, designed to give caregivers a hand where it may be need most.
- Social Security Benefits - Some of the deceased's family members may be able to receive Social Security benefits if the deceased person worked long enough under Social Security to qualify for benefits. This document provides information on what benefits may be available.